BCI Project: Master Bedroom Final Result
Over a year has passed since I started this project and a lot changed during that time, including the house my client lived in. Luckily, most of the things I purchased still worked in the space and once they were moved in, we continued on with the project. One thing to note was that we didn’t end up doing the bathroom, only the bedroom. Here is the design again:
I’m really happy with the end result, though there were some bumps along the way. The “elbows” for the curtain rods weren’t included in the package (though my shipping confirmation says they were), so I lost a bit of the drama and expensive/custom feel that one continuous curtain rod would’ve provided. We were able to work with what we had however and the windows still look nice and my clients will never know what they’re missing.
The headboard went up with relative ease but if I had to do it over again, I would just buy one – I didn’t save all that much money having the frame made and covering it myself. But I do like the presence it provides and how it anchors the room.
Here is the room BEFORE the redesign (I should add that they were in the midst of moving/unpacking when I took these before photos):
And here is the final result:
My clients were thrilled with the transformation, and that’s what’s most important 🙂 On to the next project!